You can find part one on You Betta Trance click HERE.
With Heatbeat joining a handful of other big trance artists on the North American Dreamstate tour, I decided to join forces with You Betta Trance to bring you an exclusive interview with the guys from Heatbeat. We hope to help the fans get to know this amazing act and get pumped for their upcoming shows.
Heatbeat is a trance duo from Argentina, the home of the most passionate fans in the world. Formed in 2006, Agustin Servente and Matias Chavez have had quite the renowned career so far, with multiple releases on Armada, WOA138 and their own label AERYS. Their single “Rocker Monster” gained massive support from some of the biggest names in the industry, even being played by Armin van Buuren regularly. You can expect this duo to bring a piece of that Argentinian energy with them to keep you on your feet!
Let’s get to know these two a little bit better:
7) Q: Every artist at some point in their career has to deal with writer’s block. How do you two overcome this challenge? Do you think it’s easier to deal with since you are a duo?
A: In the last 10 years we had some of those moments. It’s easy. Just stay out from the Studio. Do whatever you like but NOT music. After a while…you start to get some ideas and you want to run into the studio and the magic comes again.
8) Q: Staying on the topic of writer’s block, which track did you guys struggle with the most?
A: “Roses Never Cry” took us more than 1 year to finish, but i guess in the end we were so happy that it wasn’t a big deal.
9) Q: I know this is an old tune, but “Rocker Monster” is one of my all-time favorites. Can you tell me a little bit about the inspiration behind that track?
A: Inspiration came from a mix of Halloween, Transformers, Alien vs Predator and Daft Punk. Hope it makes sense. Hahaha.
10) Q: Can you tell me the difference from your perspective when choosing tracks for festival versus a club set? Do you plan for one more than the other or read the crowds differently?
A: Festivals usually give you only 1 hour to 1 ½ hours to play. We try to do a full fire mix of our sound. In a club, you can tell a story, go progressive, and show your art in a different way. It’s not that we “plan” the sets, but maybe we have a rough idea of what we are going to play. Then we just read the crowd.
11) With all these massive music festivals happening every year, which one do you always look forward to the most? Is there one that you haven’t played at yet that you want too?
A: We love playing in Buenos Aires and Miami for the Ultra Music Festival. In Miami we played on the ASOT Stage. It was awesome. We would love to come back to Tomorrowland. That was huge 🙂
12) Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions. We can not wait to party with you guys live on your Dreamstate tour! Do you have any closing words for your fans?
A: Looking forward to seeing you on the Dreamstate tour. Hope you enjoy our music and our new AERYS sound. Cheers!
Make sure to catch them on their Dreamstate tour!
Check out my friends over at AZ Custom Hats. They make excellent custom clothing!